Wednesday, August 13, 2014

When the going gets tough...

August 13, 2104

Well it's been an interesting couple of days. I had my doctors appointment yesterday and we determined that I have another lung infection. The doctor notes were as follows: Spirometry reveals a severe obstructive ventilatory impairment. Compared to the previous study of 05/13/2014 there is a significant decline.
That's only 3 months. What am I supposed to think about this. I'm frustrated, because I have been doing what I am asked, plus some. This disease is so confusing. I guess I am not used to the progression part. Everyone keeps telling me how great I look. I feel weird about it. I sound like an 80 year old woman who has been a smoker for 65 of those years. I'm exhausted from coughing so much! I was coughing at the pharmacy the other day and you would have thought I had just thrown up on a woman the way she looked at me. Jesus lady I'm not even near you and I'm covering my mouth, keep your mean mugging to yourself. When I can actually feel my lungs I know there is a problem. My good one is the one that's being cranky these last few times, which really sucks. If my bad one was being worse it would be better because then my good one can step up, but when my good one is getting sick then both are sick and they hurt. AAAHHH!!!! I'm sorry that I'm complaining. I shouldn't be, I have amazing doctors and I've started my IV antibiotics, my port was stubborn, but she got it after 3 tries. They upped my prednisone. I'm just frustrated that it's only been 3 months. I will get discharged on my birthday, as long as things keep getting better. I don't know I think I'll just keep on keeping on. I'll have time to reflect and focus on where this will lead. I'm happy to have such a wonderful support system and people who love me. It's refreshing. On that note I am going to go put dinner away and start my night time meds. I hope you all have a great night! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment