Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Wednesday May 28, 2014 43 degrees.

Yes I said it, it's freaking cold out. We have 3 more days of May and it's 43 degrees outside. I can't even believe that this is reality. Any way. Today was an amazing day. I helped a person who needed help and although my help was for not that's ok, because I did it and I feel good about it. I had my CF awareness night at the portland Sea Dogs game tonight. I had a good time, I got to throw out a first pitch and they shared a bit about my story, there weren't very many people there yet because the game had been rescheduled, but I hope that I did something. I spoke to a few people who had family with CF and they will pass the word along. People have been very receptive to me and I'm very happy. I will share a couple of the photos from the game and hopefully will have more to share later. I want to thank everyone who came to support me tonight. Chris, Kendra, Jeff, Don, Nikki, Joe, Zoo, Eric, Ma, David, Tim, Caylin, Pati, Debbie, Carlo, Annie, Tina and the girls, Karen, Carla. Those of you who couldn't be there were missed! Thank You to everyone who bought tickets!! Thank You to Jon who taught me how to pitch, I hope I made you proud Jon! :)


This is the first pitch blurb that they shared.
August Murphy is a 33 year old woman with Cystic Fibrosis. Diagnosed at the age of 4 months old, she has not known anything else. At 13 her lungs became involved and at 15 she was diagnosed with CF related diabetes. Always a fighter she would not let CF win. Being in the hospital multiple times a year with various lung infections and other CF related symptoms has caused her lungs to become very scarred and it makes each new infection harder to fight, even with weeks of 2 or 3 very strong antibiotics. Now is the time to think about a double lung transplant. Her journey to new lungs starts now.

No comments:

Post a Comment